Marker number

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

keytohwy

Marker number

Post by keytohwy »

Why do the Markers seems to assign random numbers when I start putting them into an audio file. Is there nay way for it to just start at 1 every time?

timlance

Re: Marker number

Post by timlance »

Mine start at 1 and then proceed as expected.

keytohwy

Post by keytohwy »

That is not my experience. Does the developer have any info?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

The name of a marker is based on the name of the marker that immediately precedes it. It tries to find a number in the name and, if found, increments it by one. If the behaviour you experience doesn't match this, could you describe precisely what are the names given by Amadeus and the names of the markers already present in the document?

keytohwy

Post by keytohwy »

Thanks, Martin. Sorry for the long period between replies.

I opened a file tonight, one which I have not begun editing yet, and I created a new marker. The app created "Marker 83". There are no other markers in the file. I took a video screen grab if you would like to see it. This behavior has been consistent for me for years....I've just never bothered to try and find an answer.

Let me know if you want to see the video.

keytohwy

Post by keytohwy »

Anything from the developer? Today I opened a file, and the first track Marker was named "Marker 89". So I give it a more apt name for the file I was working on. The next marker was "Marker 90". Seems so random.