Ventura freakout

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

senatorjohn

Ventura freakout

Post by senatorjohn »

Hello,

I'm using Amadeus Pro 2.8.8 (2595) and today after upgrading to Ventura I am having very mixed results with trying to merge tracks. My first try nothing happened repeatedly, so I saved a copy, exited, and came back. Second time I had one successful merge, but then as I was setting up to do another suddenly the tracks doubled, with the new 'first' track being the second half of the merged track, or what was in the clipboard possibly. Trying undo put me in a tailspin of tracks doubling and splitting and cloning and since I'm trying to edit a recording for playback about 90 minutes from now I exited and here I am.

I saw there was a recent Ventura issue in another thread, so I've downloaded a fresh copy from the hairersoft url mentioned and will try that, but my actual copy is from the App Store.

Any ideas, or timeline on a fix? AP is a daily use app for me and has been for many years.

senatorjohn

Re: Ventura freakout

Post by senatorjohn »

To follow up, the AP I downloaded direct from hairersoft.com crashes trying to open the app. So I'm currently blocked, unfortunately.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

The version now at http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip should work again. I made a mistake and replaced it by a version which had some of its executable missing, which would cause it to crash at launch.

Jayenkai

Post by Jayenkai »

"The save file operation failed.
The save file operation failed to connect to the open and save panel service."

Hi, sorry to say, I've started getting this curious error message with the latest MacOS Dev Beta .. Not sure what that's all about.
Tried the latest version (from your link above) but .. Nope.. Didn't help.

Note : As with all "I'm using the Beta" errors, it might fix itself with the next beta release, so may not be worth looking into.
.. But.. You know.. Just in case!

Jayenkai

Post by Jayenkai »

Much as expected, an iOS update just installed and it's saving just fine now.
Sorry for any issues!!

senatorjohn

Post by senatorjohn »

So, my copy is now complaining when I go to save that it is no longer valid, and that I should delete the app and redownload from the MAS. This of course happened when I was trying to edit audio to go live over the air about 11 minutes later. I did as instructed and the app still won't save anything with the same error message. Also it appears all my customization and settings are gone?

What can I do to get this working again? Also, is it possible to recover all the custom settings, or am I going to have to go through everything manually?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I'm terribly sorry, the current App Store version contains a nasty bug that causes it to incorrectly believe that its App Store receipt is invalid. I have submitted a bug fix this morning and requested for the review to be expedited, so it will hopefully be available very soon. In the meantime, you should be able to use the website version at

http://s3.amazonaws.com/AmadeusPro2/AmadeusPro.dmg (Amadeus Pro)
http://s3.amazonaws.com/AmadeusLite/AmadeusLite.dmg (Amadeus Lite)

which allows you to import the App Store receipt from the App Store version of the app in lieu of a license. Sorry again for any inconvenience this will have caused.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

The App Store version was just updated and should work again now.

Jayenkai

Post by Jayenkai »

*grr* Apple *shakes fist*
These "quirks" are the reason I got out of the iOS GameDev game. Having to constantly go back and fix things that Apple broke was driving me crazy.
And don't get me started on that whole Appocalypse business..

Thanks for the updates. Everything seems to be working now. Although the first-run after an update crashed, (I imagine it was doing some background updating or something?) it appears to work ok thereafter.

senatorjohn

Post by senatorjohn »

Thanks Martin, seems to be working ok now, and most of the preferences survived.

senatorjohn

Post by senatorjohn »

...except now it has once again manifested the bug that led to all this: i try to "merge with next track" and nothing happens. i try again nothing happens. i save my work as an amadeus pro file, quit, reopen, and then merging works. happy to help debug, this is as i mentioned before a daily use case.