$$$ to Clean up old audio recording?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

xamwets

$$$ to Clean up old audio recording?

Post by xamwets »

Hello Amadeus Users,
I have an old audio cassette of my sister's wedding from the 1970s. It is beyond my skills to clean up this recording.

One problem with the original cassette recording is that it may have been made with a battery powered recorder at a slower than normal speed if the batteries were not fully charged when the recording was made. When the cassette is played at standard speed now everything sounds like the pitch is too high. I don't know how to confirm that the pitch is unnaturally high or correct for this if it truly is too high. Also the signal to noise ratio is pretty low, so the relevant audio (vows & singing) will need to be boosted while greatly reducing the background noise.

I am wondering if any Amadeus Users have the skills to clean this file up? I would be willing to pay for this job, but I would need an estimate from you first so I know what you would charge for the work. Hopefully you will have successfully completed somewhat similar projects to this in the past.

The end product does not have to be studio quality. I would like the noise reduced and the voices to sound normal, not like Mickey Mouse. I have converted the file to AIFF format and posted it at the link below. The file is about 10 minutes long, so this is probably not a big job for someone with the right skills. It is sentimental in that my sister is saying her vows and my mother sings a solo.

PS - Link to the digitized file is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1jid2o7ynoi9b ... dding.aiff

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Tom Stewart
xamwets@gmail.com