v2.5.2 gets warning from Mojave about future compatibility

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

chas_m

Post by chas_m »

I'm running macOS 10.14.1, and when launching Amadeus Pro I still get the warning from the OS about how this version will not work with future versions of macOS -- presumably because the app is still 32-bit in nature, at a guess.

It's not a big deal and the program works fine in dark mode or light -- and I appreciate how long you've held out to ensure compatibility with old (32-bit) plugins, but just in case this hadn't been reported before (and I couldn't find any reports), it will evidently need to be addressed before 10.15 rolls around next fall.

Thanks for your continued support of this product, and saving me from the wretched Audacity!
Cheers,
chas_m

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I'm running macOS 10.14.1, and when launching Amadeus Pro I still get the warning from the OS about how this version will not work with future versions of macOS -- presumably because the app is still 32-bit in nature, at a guess.
The app has been 64 bit for quite some time now. It is only the helper tool used for opening QuickTime movies that is still 32 bit, I am in the process of upgrading this to use the modern APIs. (This takes a bit of time since it requires a complete rewrite as QuickTime has never made the jump to 64 bit.) Best,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/