Will Amadeus Pro move to Universal/Apple Silicon code?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

furberto

Will Amadeus Pro move to Universal/Apple Silicon code?

Post by furberto »

Hello! I would like to know if Amadeus Pro will be recompiled for macs with M1 silicon processor. Thanks a lot :-)

jvenzon

Re: Will Amadeus Pro move to Universal/Apple Silicon code?

Post by jvenzon »

Same question, holding off on buying an M1 MacBook Air until Amadeus Pro is upgraded.

Thanks!

chas_m

Post by chas_m »

Since a native M1 version might take a while, I hope Martin can soon confirm that it will run vis Rosetta 2 on an M1 Mac ...

... would love an iPad Pro version now that they have mouse/trackpad support, as well.
Cheers,
chas_m

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Regarding Rosetta 2: yes absolutely, the latest version (2.8.4) of Amadeus Pro and Lite works perfectly (and fast).

A native version would not be all that useful at the moment since most Audio Units have not been ported yet, so these would break and many users would have to run it under Rosetta anyway. In any case, the next major update will run natively on M1 / Apple Silicon.

chas_m

Post by chas_m »

Great news, thanks Martin -- plus another thanks for the reminder about the plug-ins having to be working on an M1 Mac before we can really bring our productions to the M1 fully.

Now that the iPads support mice/trackpads -- and the newest Pro runs on an M1 -- it might also be time to look at porting the future M1 version to iPad, but of course I have no idea how plug-ins would work on an iOS/iPadOS device, so maybe it's a pipe dream!
Cheers,
chas_m