Playing back a single channel?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Ecaroh

Playing back a single channel?

Post by Ecaroh »

Just starting with Amadeus Pro, I'm afraid, after many years with Amadeus II. I found this instruction in the Forum, which perfectly matches what I used to do in Amadeus II:

"Move the cursor up or down till you see the letter R or L added to
it. Double-click the track where you want to start playback."

Doing this in Amadeus Pro, current version, results in playing back both channels. I need this function for repairs to evaluate the location of noise. Suggestions??

Many thanks.

Ecaroh

Re: Playing back a single channel?

Post by Ecaroh »

Further to my post: in Amadeus Lite, the method I described works for playing just the left or just the right channel. In Amadeus Pro, it doesn't.

SE.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Version 2.8.5 fixes this bug.

markw

Post by markw »

Sadly this functionality is still broken for me in the latest 2.8.5 version of AP, as noted in this other thread about this issue: https://www.hairersoft.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=7716
macOS 10.15.7 | 15" Macbook Pro, 2017 | 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU | Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB | 16GB RAM | Wacom Intuos4 M

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Double-clicking in the left / right channel only plays back that channel for me in version 2.8.5. Is this not the case for you? What kind of sound output device are you using?

markw

Post by markw »

Well, this is embarrassing :oops: Sorry Martin, looks like user error on my part! It is working as you describe.
I was first selecting an area of one channel to play rather than double clicking the whole channel.

Though, maybe I could make this a feature request for consideration; that as we can already select an area in an individual channel, that maybe playback could be confined to coming from just that selected area. Would there be a downside if this functionality was added to AP?
macOS 10.15.7 | 15" Macbook Pro, 2017 | 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU | Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB | 16GB RAM | Wacom Intuos4 M