Amadeus Pro Dropping BT Connection To Airpods Max?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

tntracy

Amadeus Pro Dropping BT Connection To Airpods Max?

Post by tntracy »

I hope this hasn't been addressed before - if so, my apologies - I did a search before posting and found no other thread. So - I am running Amadeus Pro on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 on a Late 2015 iMac, 32 GB RAM, etc. I got a new pair of Apple AirPods Max and have been using them to listen while I digitize music off of vinyl from an attached USB turntable. then again using AP to edit out pops & clicks (w/ the excellent Repair Center), split into individual tracks, etc. Here is the problem I have repeatedly experienced:

After have using AP with my AirPods Max with no problems for a time (several days), I sit down to do some more digitizing or editing - all is fine until I try any sort of playback - when I do, I get the beach ball for about 5 seconds than my BT connection to my AirPods Max drops, defaulting back to the default audio output (i.e., the headphone jack on the back of my Mac). From that point on, it happens every single time I try to playback audio. The only "fix" I have found is to reinstall AP, so it seems something in the app (*.plist file maybe?) is getting corrupted. Oh yeah, I have also checked & appropriately set the Sound Output setting in AP's Preferences.

This is *only* happening in AP - not in the Music app, or players like Vox, etc. Anyone else experiencing this? Thanks!