Track volume not working

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

northlowell

Track volume not working

Post by northlowell »

Recently the track volume slider is no longer working in any of my Amadeus sessions. If I draw an envelope it works, but moving the slider in the GUI has no effect, until it gets to the bottom, the track remains at full volume no matter where the slider is set to. I'm running Amadeus Pro version 2.8.5 on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1. Any help would be appreciated.

markw

Re: Track volume not working

Post by markw »

Yes, I’ve just noticed this too.
Though in my case making a selection in a track first makes no difference. The sound is still either Full or Off when slid to the furthest left.
macOS 10.15.7 | 15" Macbook Pro, 2017 | 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU | Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB | 16GB RAM | Wacom Intuos4 M

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

This is a bug in 2.8.5 which is fixed in the version at http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip. It will also be fixed in 2.8.6.

markw

Post by markw »

Thanks for posting the link to the fixed version of AP Martin. :D
macOS 10.15.7 | 15" Macbook Pro, 2017 | 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU | Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB | 16GB RAM | Wacom Intuos4 M

nerdcity

Post by nerdcity »

I went and got the new version you posted - thank you, the volume slider now works!

I have been finding another bug, however, which I had not noticed before this new version: if I select a chunk of the sound by clicking and dragging, Amadeus often plays a piece of the sound which is NOT what was selected.

This seems to happen in several situations - should not be hard to replicate I think - if I play and then stop and then select, it happens a lot. When it happens, the blue bar is not shown as I am selecting.