Can't open Amadeus Pro on new iMac

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Paulus

Can't open Amadeus Pro on new iMac

Post by Paulus »

On my old iMac (latest version 10.13.6), I've been using Amadeus Pro 2.0.1 for years without any problem.
Recently, I've bought a brand new iMac, with version 11.6.
When I try to install Amadeus Pro on the new iMac (luckily I wrote the register number down) it is refused. The comment says: "The application is disabled! Tampered!"
I have no idea what I'm accused of - I am not aware that I've tampered with anything at any time.
What can I do to continue using Amadeus Pro?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Can't open Amadeus Pro on new iMac

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, please use the latest version (2.8.7), your serial number should be valid for it. If you still encounter problems activating it on the new computer, please email me with more details.

Paulus

Post by Paulus »

Thank you for your quick answer.
I followed your advise and it worked, but when trying to register I was told that my license key was not valid for version 2.x .

Then I was advised to switch back to version 1.x - but that one was refused as my computer & OS are to new.

In other words, I fall between two stools. Or as we say in The Netherlands: between ship and shore.

This would mean that I'll have to pay the fee for a third time (a few years before I had the same problem when switching to another computer but then I had lost my license key and had to buy a new one).

I'm afraid this is going to exceed my budget - so sadly enough I'll have to put up with the light version...

Paulus

Post by Paulus »

Sorry, when checking again I realized that I may have been mixing up two registration numbers. Apparently my administration is not in good order, and it's the last registration number that I've lost.
So I think I'm the only one to blame. From now on I'll either run Amadeus Pro on my old computer, or Amadeus light on the new one.

I'm sorry for the confusion I created.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Send me an email with the name under which the license was purchased and I'll be able to look it up.