Current Position Timer is Moving Double the Speed of Actual Track

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

jimpoor

Current Position Timer is Moving Double the Speed of Actual Track

Post by jimpoor »

Hi --

I'm having an issue with music files that I've been opening. As of recent (the past month or so), I've been noticing that my music cuts off about 30 seconds or so into playback.

After a closer look, I saw that the current position marker is actually moving double the speed of the actual track, which is incorrect, causing the audio to be cut off before the track is even finished. For example, I know this to be true because a song that I was editing was only in the first 10 seconds of playback, but the current position maker was telling me that I had already listened to approximately 35 seconds of audio. This was verified by me simply starting a stopwatch timer on my iPhone and tracking that time against the time that was being shown on Amadeus.

I currently have v 2.8.7 and am running this on macOS Monterey. I have tried downloading all of the previous version on the website, but to no avail have I gotten it to work.

If anyone can lend some type of advice on how to resolve this, I would really appreciate it.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Current Position Timer is Moving Double the Speed of Actual Track

Post by Martin Hairer »

What about the version at http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip ? It should fix this problem (which is indeed caused by macOS Monterey and doesn't appear on previous versions of macOS).

jimpoor

Post by jimpoor »

The link that you provided doesn't work and I have literally downloaded every version that's available on you all's website.

Can you be more specific?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

What exactly happens when you click on it? It does seem to work fine for me.

jimpoor

Post by jimpoor »

I was clicking on the link, using Google Chrome. For whatever reason, Chrome wasn't allowing the download to take place. I switched over to Safari and was able to download the file. This seemed to work just fine and my issue is resolved for now. I now have v 2.8.8. Thank you, Martin.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Just to let you know that version 2.8.8 has now been released and implements this fix.