Continuous Scrolling When Selecting Audio?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

DWP

Continuous Scrolling When Selecting Audio?

Post by DWP »

When I'm selecting a portion of a track, I want to be able to click and drag/scroll right to highlight more than just the portion of it that appears in my window, so that I can grab and delete long passages without having to stop, grab the slider bar at the bottom to advance the track and then select only the chunk that appears in the window, and then repeat.

I have "Display follows playback" and "Continuous scrolling" checked in my Preferences, but I'm still not able to scroll while selecting. I could swear I used to be able to! What am I missing?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Continuous Scrolling When Selecting Audio?

Post by Martin Hairer »

That should work fine (and it does for me)... Are you trying to do this while playing back? In that case, "Display follows playback" would keep on snapping the display onto the current playback position, which would of course interfere with attempts to move the displayed area around.

DWP

Post by DWP »

Nope, just trying to do it while playback is stopped. Do I need to download an updated version of the software to make this work for me? I'm on Version 2.8.5. Maybe that's why it stopped working?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

2.8.5 is the current version. How *exactly* are you going about things? Would it be possible to send a link to a screencast?

windcaster

Post by windcaster »

I thought I was the only one having that problem. then i updated the version 2.8.5. but still happening. I think I am doing something wrong here

DWP

Post by DWP »

I can't get my photo-sharing site to play the screencast for some reason, so here's a direct link to the file: https://assets.disneytravelbabble.com/s ... ecting.mov

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Thanks for the screencast! The scrolling only happens when the pointer is outside the bounds of the current window. Since you are working in full-screen mode, this never happens. You are right though that this isn't expected behaviour, I'll try to fix this ASAP.

DWP

Post by DWP »

Fantastic! Thanks so much, Martin!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

The version now at http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip should fix this, could you please confirm?

DWP

Post by DWP »

It works! Thank you so much!

I purchased my app via the Apple App Store, so I don't have a license key in order to use this copy you linked to. If I redownload from the App Store, will I get this newer version?

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

It will be on the App Store once it's officially released, which should be sometime next week.

DWP

Post by DWP »

Wonderful. Thanks again for your fast turnaround on this fix! I really appreciate it!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Version 2.8.6 should now be available both through the App Store and the self-update mechanism of the non-App Store version.

DWP

Post by DWP »

Got it—thanks again!

Julie04

Post by Julie04 »

DWP wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:10 am
When I'm selecting a portion of a track, I want to be able to click and drag/scroll right to highlight more than just the portion of it that appears in my window, so that I can grab and delete long passages without having to stop, Rachat de crédit plus trésorerie grab the slider bar at the bottom to advance the track and then select only the chunk that appears in the window, and then repeat.

I have "Display follows playback" and "Continuous scrolling" checked in my Preferences, but I'm still not able to scroll while selecting. I could swear I used to be able to! What am I missing?
Yet it works well for me