Open in 32-bit mode

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

relentlesscactus

Open in 32-bit mode

Post by relentlesscactus »

I wish to use a VST plug-in; when click, the message says to use Amadeus in 32-bit mode to use VST plug-ins; another message says to right click the icon to do this. I read all this, but see no actual way to open 32-bit mode. How does one find the option to open in 32-bit mode?

I am using Amadeus 2.4.7 with Monterey. If I am reading correctly, I can download 2.6.2 and it will be the last version to run in 32-bit mode. What is unclear is that native 32-bit, or can the latest version run 32-bit optionally so one could run VST plug-ins?
--Alan C. Miller, Davis, CA

relentlesscactus

Re: Open in 32-bit mode

Post by relentlesscactus »

AUTHOR: OK, I found a bit more -- instructions that say to click on Amadeus icon, do a command-I (eye), and in the information box check "Open in 32-bit mode". The problem is, that option doesn't exist, at least it doesn't appear with the versions of MacOS (12.6) and Amadeus (2.4.7) that I am using. Would downloading Amadeus 2.6 solve this? Do I need to use an old Mac and old OS? If I use the latest version of Amadeus, is this option available? Still trying to understand if 2.6 being 'last for 32-bit' means 32-bit option not available at all, or if it is a 'simulation' of 32-bit mode and thus in post 2.6 can be opened as such.
--Alan C. Miller, Davis, CA

markw

Re: Open in 32-bit mode

Post by markw »

I’m not a programmer but I think the problem is going to be as much with your OS as with which version of Amadeus you run.
Although Mojave (10.14) was the last macOS that could still run 32bit apps, Apple had already removed the ‘Run in 32bit Mode’ option from the Info windows in Mojave.
So I would think to get that Info window option back you would need to run High Sierra (10.13) or lower if you can, as well as using the recommended version of Amadeus in 32bit mode.
Going forwards if you can find 64bit Audio Unit versions of the VSTs you need that would probably be your best option.
macOS 10.15.7 | 15" Macbook Pro, 2017 | 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU | Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB | 16GB RAM | Wacom Intuos4 M