Edits not saving

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

vuzhmusic

Edits not saving

Post by vuzhmusic »

Hello.

I'm doing some precise volume envelope edits, and the work i'm doing hasn't been saving. I'll save and the work i did is not in the save file.

I regularly save and reopen the save file because the precise volume envelopes i am working on are averaging .003 seconds long, and the program has some problems displaying the edited volumes on the waveform, so i save and reopen so that the waveform will display the edits.
Tonight, weirdly, the edits just aren't saving. After i discovered the problem, i did a volume envelope edit on one small section, and placed a marker right next to the edited section, saved, then closed the file and opened the saved file. The marker was saved, but the volume envelope edit was not saved.

I quit Amadeus and restarted it to see if that caused the problem, but it persisted.

The volume envelope editing i was working on WAS saving earlier this evening, but it stopped when i moved to editing a different file.

I will try restarting the computer, but it's late, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

i'm using Amadeus Pro 2.7.5 on Mac os 10.12.6
Working class abstract esoterica. Weird music for not so weird people.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Edits not saving

Post by Martin Hairer »

A few remarks, maybe some of these apply to you:
1. Please use the latest version (2.8.13).
2. When editing very short samples, please make sure to disable "smart editing" in the Edit menu.
3. Make sure to save your files in the native "Amadeus Pro" format if you wish to retain precise envelope information.