Thinking of upgrading, several questions

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

vuzhmusic

Post by vuzhmusic »

Amadeus II has been possibly the most important tool in my music production for several years.

I'm considering purchasing the upgrade, and I've got a few questions:

- After installing Amadeus Pro, can you still use Amadeus II, or does the new version overwrite or disable the old?

- I read in an earlier post on the forum that left and right channel cannot be independently edited? Is that actually true? What the heck?

- One feature I thought was missing in Amadeus II was customizable fade ramps... sometimes you need a strangely shaped fade! Is that feature in Pro? Customizable pan ramps would rule too.

- Another feature I would've liked in II is a more involved wave generator with a nice graphic interface, is the wave generator better in Pro than in II?

- Another feature I've longed for is a convolution, like the one I used to use in an early demo of MetaSynth. I don't mean convolution reverb, I mean convolution wherein one file used as a filter for a target file. Can anyone recommend a good plugin for this kind of effect? Every convolution I've downloaded doesn't want to work on my system.
Working class abstract esoterica. Weird music for not so weird people.

Sonic Purity

Re: Thinking of upgrading, several questions

Post by Sonic Purity »

vuzhmusic wrote:- After installing Amadeus Pro, can you still use Amadeus II, or does the new version overwrite or disable the old?
Yes, you can use both Amadeus II and Amadeus Pro side by side. They don’t interfere with each other… at least not on my systems. I switch between them depending upon specifically what i’m doing: each has its own strengths, especially with my being still much more familiar with II.
- I read in an earlier post on the forum that left and right channel cannot be independently edited? Is that actually true? What the heck?
If it ever was true, it wasn’t true for long. I don’t recall any issues with that for months and months now.

I very much like how Pro is happy to work as a stereo editor in one track, like Amadeus II, and as a multitrack program. Very nice.

With no answers to your other questions,
))Sonic((

MrEes

Post by MrEes »

Not a plugin, but look at soundhack
(http://soundhack.com/freeware.php) for your convolution needs.

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, vuzhmusic evinced:
- Another feature I've longed for is a convolution, like the one I
used to use in an early demo of MetaSynth. I don't mean convolution
reverb, I mean convolution wherein one file used as a filter for a
target file. Can anyone recommend a good plugin for this kind of
effect? Every convolution I've downloaded doesn't want to work on
my system.