Joining multiple files and related questions

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

vtsaran

Joining multiple files and related questions

Post by vtsaran »

Hi.
I have read several posts on this forum with regard to joining multiple files, however, none of them seem to answer some of the questions I would like to ask below. Apologies for the redundancy!
I am using VoiceOver screen reader on Mac OS and may have missed some options.
1. Is there a way to join multiple files using the Batch processor? In looking through the list of actions, I was not able to find any relevant options, but thought to ask just in case.
2. I learned from one of the posts that there is a Sound > Join Files menu. However, when I tried using it, I encountered a few glitches that I could not resolve:
A. The buttons to "browse" and "delete" files did not have accessibility labels, but I figured out their function through trial and error.
B. There seems to be no way to rearrange the order in which the files will be joined. have I missed it perhaps?
C. I understand that the files would be joined in a current document and can then be exported to whatever format the user wants. Just wanted to confirm.

Thanks for any help on the above.
Best.
Victor

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Joining multiple files and related questions

Post by Martin Hairer »

1. No, the batch processor doesn't have any "join files" (or related) functionality.
A. Thanks for pointing that out.
B. The files can be rearranged using drag & drop. I am not sure if this can be accessed via VoiceOver, but would have thought so?
C. Yes, the "Join" button will create a new document containing all the files in the order in which they appear in the window.

philxm

Re: Joining multiple files and related questions

Post by philxm »

The function Sound > Split According to Markers separates marker-delineated files into new individual files. Upon activating the function, the user must select a format for the new files, from a drop-down menu of possible choices. Alongside the Format menu is a Settings button, where the user selects preferred settings from choices appropriate to the selected format. The new files will populate into a new folder, which the user can either name at this point or accept the default name of Untitled.