Feature Request - Key modifier to invert "Spacebar Rewinds"

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

dland

Feature Request - Key modifier to invert "Spacebar Rewinds"

Post by dland »

I know that shift-space is already busy (play the selected track, IIRC), but I would love to be able to temporarily reverse the action of "Space bar rewinds playback" by pressing (say) Alt-space (or, on a Mac, Option-space), so I can briefly pause playback and resume where I left off.

HannaJo

Re: Feature Request - Key modifier to invert "Spacebar Rewinds"

Post by HannaJo »

Hi, I agree that your feature request is a good idea and would make editing easier. I don’t think Amadeus Pro has such an option, but maybe you can suggest it to the developers by contacting them via email or their website. In the meantime, you can use the Mark button (or press Command+M on your keyboard) to set a marker at the current playback position. Then, you can use the space bar to rewind playback as usual, and use the Go To Mark button (or press Command+G on your keyboard) to return to the marker position. This way, you can pause playback and resume where you left off without losing your place. I hope this helps you in some way.

Best wishes!
Best regards, Hanna from CodeIT

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Key modifier to invert "Spacebar Rewinds"

Post by Martin Hairer »

I think that shift-space bar allows you to do exactly what you want. If you hit shift-space bar while playing, it pauses playback in a way that can be resumed by simply hitting space bar, whether "space bar rewinds sound" is checked or not. If playback is currently paused and you hit shift-space bar, then it restarts playback from the start, again whether "space bar rewinds sound" is checked or not.