Feature Request: Markers Hard-Linked to the Audio

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

cegreen

Feature Request: Markers Hard-Linked to the Audio

Post by cegreen »

Related Issue No. 1:

Example: I used AP to digitize an LP with 22 tracks, carefully placing a marker for each track during the recording. This worked fine.

If, however, I now attempt to either add or delete some silence at the beginning of the recording, the audio waveform shifts right or left accordingly, but the markers don't shift with it, leaving the 22 track markers mis-aligned, and requiring me to go back to each one and re-position it by hand. Ugh!

It seems to me that it would make more sense if there were an option to logically tie markers to specific points in the audio, so that shifts resulting from insertions or deletions would not cause some or all of the markers to become mis-aligned.

Related Issue No. 2:

I discovered by accident that selecting and then deleting the audio doesn't also delete also the associated markers, which simply become invisible after the audio is deleted. You must specifically use the Clear All Markers function first, or you can end up with two overlapping sets of markers if you create a new recording with new markers in the same document.

Again, I would like an option to logically tie the markers to specific points in a specific recording in such a way that inserting or deleting does not affect the markers' locations, and so that deleting all or part of a recording also removes any associated markers without having to delete them separately first.

Am I missing something?

Since there may be users who don't want this behavior for some reason, they should be able to turn it off.

-Chris

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Markers Hard-Linked to the Audio

Post by Martin Hairer »

Regarding the two problems:
1. If a document contains only one (mono or stereo) track, then markers are tied to the sound as expected, so deleting silence at the start of the document should shift subsequent markers back. If there is more than one track, then their position is locked to the timeline since there is no good reason for them to follow edits in one particular track as opposed to any other track.
2. This appears to be a bug. It certainly used to work as intended, so it shouldn't be too hard to find what caused it to break, I'll investigate and report back.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Markers Hard-Linked to the Audio

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi Chris, does the version at http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip work better for you?